30 Days of Support After a Hospital or Rehab Stay
Transition Support is an important resource to promote continuing independence and health during the first weeks at home after a hospital or rehab stay. Transition Support is available to all residents of Bluestem Communities. Transition Support is also available to outside community members who leave a Bluestem short-term rehab program.
Transition Support focuses on:
- Understanding self-management of medications
- Recognizing and responding to red flags
- Promoting better communication with your doctor
- Working alongside home health and therapies
- Meeting your personal goals
Transition Support was the 2015 winner of the LeadingAge Kansas Quality First Award of Excellence in Innovation.
“The help with my medications was great. Yvonne explained what each medication would do for me and how it would help me.”
— Maxine Fast, Transition Support participant